Sweet Love Bakery
20 Main Street, Goffstown, NH
This single-story brick structure was constructed in 1919 as a garage and automotive showroom by Charles G. Barnard in 1919 on the site of a former tailor shop. As constructed the building had a cement floor and a 20-car capacity. The north section was later used as an Atlantic and Pacific (A & P) Tea Co. store, a beauty shop and veterinarian's office. This building is currently occupied by Sweet Love Bakery and Lottie Pops Family Boutique.
This single-story brick structure, roughly a parallelogram in plan, was constructed in 1919 as a garage and automotive showroom. The long, narrow building is oriented with its broad gable end measuring three bays wide facing Main Street. The gable is decorated by vertical brick corbels. The brick is laid with a bond alternating seven courses of stretchers to a single row of headers and stretchers. The brick pilasters are spaced twelve feet apart. At the southeast corner of the building is cut away at an angle and supported by a brick pier with a recessed entrance. The other two bays are filled with plate glass windows. That in the middle is metal and glass or relatively recent construction and extends nearly to the ground. The northernmost bay and the two additional front bays on the north side feature what appear to be original plate glass windows with three-light immovable transoms and plain lintels. A series of five segmentally-arched openings with brick header lintels and separated by piers punctuate the north side of the building. Two of the openings are doorways while the three others are boarded-up window openings. A tall, exterior brick chimney is located at the northwest corner of the building. The rear elevation is divided into bays by four piers with a large arched center opening flanked on each side by two arched openings, now filled with brick. This structure was built as a garage and automobile showroom by Charles G. Barnard in 1919 on the site of a former tailor shop. As constructed the building had a cement floor and a 20-car capacity. The north section was later used as an Atlantic and Pacific (A & P) Tea Co. store, a beauty shop and veterinarian's office. Later owners of the garage included Myrtie Marshall and Robert Burnham. Alfred Loboda owned the property from 1982 to 1995 when it was acquired by the present owner. It currently contains professional offices and a restaurant.